Sr. Systems Engineer
110 to 150K (DOE)
- Performs Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis, and physical configuration analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives. Recommends/makes decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
- PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions that are highly innovative and ingenious.
- FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of supervisor. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- IMPACT: Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect the image of the organization’s technological capability.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Experience with wireless communication systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse teams.
- Ability to operate under pressure and with tight deadlines, support field operations, and coordinate the resolution of technical problems within fixed timelines.
- Diverse technical background and experience that can be used to support well-rounded system engineering approaches. For example, background in communications systems, wireless networking design, sensors developments, and networks for both commercial applications and government applications
Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD and nine
(9) years or more experience in disciplines like electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science,
Physics, control, communication, or related areas
Apply to this job
This form appears on a job listing page.