DSP Software Engineer
80K to 160K (DOE)
Digital Global Systems DGS is seeking skilled software engineers at all experience levels who love to solve challenging digital signal processing problems. The ideal candidate is creative, smart, and able to work effectively on their own or with a small team. Our work provides the opportunity for a unique mix of theory-based algorithm development and implementation of software-based high-performance processing solutions. Our work environment is dynamic and fast-paced with a focus on quick-reaction responses to our customers’ needs.
Our employees are typically BS/MS holders in electrical engineering, computer engineering, software engineering, or computer science, but we will consider anyone with demonstrated skills and interest in software development and/or signal processing.
- Programming languages/frameworks/platforms:
- C++ (highly desired, as it is our primary development language; all versions from C++98 onward depending on the project)
- Python 2.x/3.x (useful as a complement to our C++-based tools, also as a way to transition from prototyping to implementation)
- Matlab experience for prototyping solutions
- GUI development using Qt 5 framework
- GPGPU software implementation using CUDA
- Development of software for Linux operating systems (our primary target platform)
- Experience with our target application domains:
- Digital signal processing and signals and systems theory
- Background in software-defined radio and digital communication theory is a major plus
- Channelization, detection, classification, and identification of signals
- Using machine learning or statistical inference techniques to enhance signal processing algorithms varying from channelization, detection, and geolocation of signals among other signal processing applications
- Working knowledge of communication systems design and/or RF system design is desirable
- Algorithm implementation using multithreading and SIMD techniques, mostly on x86 platforms
- Proven strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently with freedom to develop your own creative technical solutions to our problems
Apply to this job
This form appears on a job listing page.